We have exciting opportunities for experienced assistant and deputy managers to join our professional teams in our fine-dining restaurants - a collection of three of the most prestigious Indian restaurants in London - Amaya, Veeraswamy and the legendary Chutney Mary.
We offer top salaries plus annual performance-related bonus for the right candidate.
We have exciting opportunities for professional assistant and deputy managers to join our professional restaurant teams.
As an assistant manager, you will be responsible for supporting the general manager in delivering the highest level of service in order to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations in a busy, high volume restaurant.
The role is a full-time position of 5 days a week, including evenings and weekends.
- Leading service from the front through a high level of personal engagement with, and recognition of, our customers
- Maintaining and utilising a strong knowledge of the cuisine and wine in order to provide our customers with the best, personalised dining experience.
- Meticulous detail to service standards and ensuring staff are welcome, attentive and efficient in looking after our customers, including ensuring that the service standards of a reputable fine-dining restaurant are meticulously met
- Support the general manager in recruitment, training, motivation and development of the restaurant team
- Work alongside the head-chef to ensure the highest food standards at all times.
- Assist with accurate control of cash handling, food and beverage stocks, labour costs and general restaurant overheads through constant awareness and monitoring of restaurant performance.
- Support of local marketing initiatives that promote the restaurant and attract customers
- In addition, the deputy manager position will include support of financial reporting and relief management. This is a great opportunity for a candidate wishing to progress into general management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience as an assistant manager within a high-volume, fine-dining restaurant environment
- Experience in a London environment is preferred but not essential
- A track record in the ability to provide charming, friendly and professional customer care skills and demonstrate passion for the highest standards of service
- Have excellent communication skills with both guests and colleagues
- Have a smart appearance and be professionally confident, polite and welcoming
- Experience working within a multi-cultural environment and be able to demonstrate total diplomacy and tact at all times
- A passion for hard work and demonstration of effective time management skills
- An eye for detail in every aspect of the restaurant
- A deep interest in Asian cuisine and a liking for spice
- Good working knowledge of Word / Excel
- Financial awareness
What We Offer
- We offer top salaries plus an annual performance-related bonus
- Full on-job training and opportunities to develop your career within a growing restaurant group
- Excellent company benefits (meals on duty, restaurant vouchers and discounts)
- An environment that will enable you to develop your product knowledge and management skills
- Immediate start, if required
How to apply
If this sounds like your next challenge, please apply with a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to be a resident in the UK, have the correct immigration documents and be able to provide contact details for two professional referees.